New official trailer released by JAST USA, I would lie if I said I am not excited and very happy after all the waiting.
Hi guys, today I have some good news for you. For the last 3 months or so the project has been stalled, a lot of things have been going on in RL for me plus our lack of translators and staff caused us to have 0 progress during this time. Now, don’t be sad guys, the good news is that an official translation for Sonicomi is already planned by JAST USA:
and here is the official announcement from JAST USA:
Given this, the project will be in halted until further notice.
I am not sure if they plan to release Motto Sonicomi (PS3) or just Sonicomi (PC), as things looks now my guess is that they will release the PC version, it will be a real shame because the PS3 version is totally awesome and superior in almost every aspect (including more endings) than the PC version but we will see, for now I want to thank everyone that participated in the project and wish everyone good luck.
Are you guys going to be back?
To be honest I am not sure, for now I think we should wait and see what JAST does with the official release, pray that they release Motto Sonicomi too and then.. who knows, for now let’s wait, relax and enjoy Sonico 🙂
Update: Links are dead, no plans to reupload since an official release is being worked on by JAST USA.
Hi everyone, hope you haven’t forgotten about us, we are still living (somehow) and I am coming here with some good news.
First, after a hundred of delays (almost 5 months from the original planned date) for a million of reasons we finally bring you the first partial patch, you can grab it here:
Thanks a lot to all the collaborators:
Pichu – Script translation
Dalam – Editor
Korosszeg, TracReed – Image editors
Okarin – Image translation and helped me a ton with technical stuff
And the beta testers (with a special mention to ILHayate) .
Instructions: Just run the installer and follow the instructions. Same for PS3, just run the installer, patch the game and copy it to your PS3, you can use whatever method you normally use to split(or copy) the files to your PS3 just be sure to delete the game from your console beforehand if you already have it.
Backlog looks extremely awful practically unreadable. Unfortunately this is non-fixable for now.
Text may looks strange for some users because of the font. Non-fixable for now.
Sonicomi mode cuts off a line in some cases. Will be fixed for next patch.
Text may looks strange for some users because of the font. (Non-fixable for now.)
- Why the patch is so big if you just translated around ~15 – ~20 mins in-game ?
- Short answer, technical stuff. Long answer, I wanted to make the installer as easy as possible, send me an email and Io can give you the details if you are interested or if you think you can help. The good news is that the following patches should be around the same size.
- YOUR TRANSLATION SUCKS!/ YOUR EDITION SUCKS!/etc
- You are absolutely welcome to help us if you think you can do better, we have a ton of open positions 🙂
- When are you going to release the next patch?
- Stay tuned, in the following days we will make an announcement, for now you can say we are stalled and no next release in sight.
- I found a bug, where can I report it ?
You can go and report it to our forums (you don’t require subscription just please don’t abuse) http://trac.novaember.com/. State the problem you found and add as much information as possible, preferably with a screenshot.Looks like Trac’s forum is down, for now please leave a comment.
- Can I distribute a prepatched pirated game ?
- Well, I know we can’t force you not to but I really ask you guys not to do it, we are (somehow) against piracy and the patch for the PC game should work just fine with the original version.
- Which version do you recommend, PC or PS3 and why?
- Well… it is like comparing a PS2 game with a PS3 game, if I were to select between the 2 of course I would select the Ps3 version. Plus the Ps3 version has a lot of more costumes, a couple of more endings and the quality is absolutely awesome compared with the PC version, the downside is of course that you require a jailbroken PS3.
Patch is closing up, we will enter a period of closed beta for the first partial patch and I somehow lost track of beta testers applicants so if you applied before as beta tester please send me an email (Sir.Lancelotemail@example.com) with the following info:
- Date you applied (if possible send me the original email where you applied).
- Nick Name/Pseudonym
- Please answer the following questions:
- Which version are you interested in? (PC/PS3/Both)
- Do you own the original game?
- Are you going to be available to help in testing in January/February?
Since this patch will be about ~20 mins of game we just need 3/4 testers and 1 backup for each platform. The mechanics to select the beta testers for this patch will be:
- Date of application (Beta testers that applied first will have more chance of being elected)
- You own the original game (we don’t support piracy and encourage everyone to buy the game so if you have the original game you have more chance of being elected)
Does this means only “selected” people will have the first partial patch?
Absolutely not, after the closed beta finishes and we clean most bugs/problems we will release a public partial beta patch for everyone.
How much does the patch cover?
About ~20 mins in game, up to the opening video before the tutorial
I don’t own the original game, do I have any chance of being elected?
Yes, you do, but again we encourage everyone to buy the game to support the creators.
How can I import the game?
There is this useful guide from /a/, read it carefully and all your questions will be answered. link
My PS3 is not jailbroken, do you suggest to import the game and apply your patch?
Well, unfortunately not, this patch will only work with a jailbroken PS3 cfw 4.56+
Why are you guys so slow?
Lack of staff, specially image editors and translators, almost every image editor runs away when they see the amount of work and applicants for translation go MIA after they see the total script lines…
I don’t have Image edition/translation skills, how can I help to make things move faster?
Contact me, I am sure you can help on something, at the very least you can help us spread the word 🙂
I didn’t apply as beta tester before, can I apply now?
First, from all the sonicomi project staff we wish you a merry Christmas thanks everyone who trust and support us.
Second, regarding the first partial patch some good & bad news. The bad news, the first patch has been greatly delayed mostly because of the lack of staff and staff members disappearing/going MIA one after another. The good news is that given the translation progress in scripts we are also planning to include the tutorial as part of the first patch. Expect more news soon™.
Hi guys, we are planning the first partial patch for PS3 and PC which will cover the first part of the Prologue up to the opening video.
The plan is to have it ready by the end of the year since our translator is quite busy and can’t dedicate too much time to the project so we are going a bit slow.
This is the progress for the first partial patch:
Translation : 68% completed.
Image editing (PC): 69% Config Menu: 0%
Image editing (PS3): 0% Config Menu: 0%
Our goal is to create a fan English translation for Super Sonico games (PC and PS3).
SoniComi is based on Sonico, an overly busty amateur idol and mascot of Nitroplus, and features players as her cameraman. Naturally as a cameraman, you will both film and court her. The game flow will consist of two phases: the adventure and action phase.
The adventure phase deals mainly with your job as a cameraman, giving you the task of planning her photo shoots to the client’s requests. Gravure fans will be happy to know that they actually get to take pictures as Sonico poses around the set.
The action phase is similar to what players are used to in visual novel games – building a relationship with Sonico outside of work. These get broken up into scenes that involve physical contact, eye contact, and talking. Talking seems to be pretty basic, , but physical contact and eye contact seem to be the more interesting aspects. These include holding her hands at the right time, eliciting either embarrassment or a romantic moment. Likewise, eye contact during a conversation will be important. This means that either players will be rewarded for paying attention to Sonico or get a scolding for letting their eyes wander.
If you’re interested in joining send us an email or leave a comment to show support.